The data sanitization of configurations and specialist hidden data on more infrequently used devices is and will be the undoing of increasingly more alleged IT recycling / data destruction companies.
Technology is progressing at an astounding rate which means increasing volumes of your confidential private data is stored via more and more methods which sadly only gets more complex; the data retained is no longer usually stored on a single storage device such as a hard drive but instead in multiple methods including on on-board chips. It may be disturbing to hear but the vast majority of IT recyclers only define data as being associated with hard drives. Your confidential data is stored in a vast array of methods across all your IT hardware; your most venerable data is usually stored on networking hardware and other uncommon devices. Choosing a computer recycler with insufficient knowledge and expertise could result in fatal consequences for your organisation such as data theft, negative press, heavy fines and loss of business etc.
Revive IT were established to prevent this being an issue:
- Revive IT employ trusted staff who are professional and security cleared to BS 7858
- Our IT engineers have the highest experience and knowledge of the industry all the way from basic routers to enterprise complete data centre establishments which means we can catch all data bearing devices
- Training is extremely intense at Revive IT – all of which is kept up to date with modern hardware updates which safeguards the risk of any new data bearing items getting through unnoticed
- All devices are tracked via an online auditable asset tracking system which is logged into via our website
- We welcome all our current and prospective customers to visit our premises
- Revive IT have the latest state of the art IT infrastructure which ensures we are up to date with modern standards
- All our service provisions are built around data security
- In the event an item can’t be data sanitized, physical destruction is chosen which is carried out via approved control methods
- Regular audits are undertaken to ensure compliance