The Waste Management Regulations apply to those persons involved in the collection, storage, treatment and disposal of controlled wastes. The regulations dictate the licensing of persons or businesses involved in the management of waste and relate directly to the licensing of a site or activity to carry out the management, processing and disposal of wastes.
Any organisation processing, recycling, dismantling and refurbishing computer IT waste must hold the relevant waste management permits and licences.
Licensing is carried out by the Environment Agency (EA) and 3 main sectors are taken into consideration which are financial stability / security, previous history / offences and technical competence.
Specifically for WEEE waste management, the facility must be contained within a building with impermeable concrete floor and no activities are permitted to be undertaken outside of the perimeter of the treatment facility. All activities which will be carried out must be disclosed to the EA.
Revive ITs conformity is detailed below:
- All our WEEE IT computer waste operations are authorised and permitted through the EA
- We audit our systems and process line on a regular basis to ensure the best efficiency and options are chosen
- Best Available Treatment, Recovery and Recycling Techniques (BATRRT) have been applied
- Revive IT’s activities are carried out in secure indoor premises with a solid concrete floor. Outdoor storage is not in use
- The waste paperwork we issue for both standard and hazardous waste is approved by the EA
- The EA audit our site on a routine basis to confirm continuing compliance with applicable legislation
- Revive IT management submit returns to the EA regularly which highlights all hazardous waste we process
- Revive IT invests heavily in employee training and advancement to ensure all our operations are carried out efficiently
- We employ staff with much experience and knowledge from the IT recycling sector
- We are one of the highest accredited computer PC disposal suppliers within the UK
- Our retention period for all WEEE transfer documentation is 3 years
- We apply the waste hierarchy to our entire operation to ensure processed equipment avoids disposal at all costs. We aim to extend the useful life cycle of equipment through our IT remarketing scheme
- Revive IT encourage sustainable recycling by providing free IT recycling and consultation